Short introduction on the LoRa Geolocation feature in the KPN LoRa network.
LoRa Geolocation will localize your LoRa device without needing additional effort from your device. Although device-side localization solutions like GPS can be more accurate, the network-side solution LoRa Geolocation does not add energy consumption to a regular LoRa device. In combination with the already low prices of LoRa devices, LoRa now supports new use cases and opens new markets. Applications like tracking of mid-valuable assets such as machines, pallets and tools are now possible which were not feasible before.
- Regular LoRa customers can often choose which LoRa Geolocation algorithm to choose.
- For KPN Things customers, on November 3rd, 2020, the default algorithm has been changed from TDoA to Both.
1. Except in case of intent and/or gross negligence on the part of KPN, KPN is not liable for any damage. Customer shall indemnify KPN against claims by third parties for compensation for damage caused by or through the use of the Geolocation functionality, or as a result of the customer not being compliant to its obligations.
2. The (intellectual) property of the equipment, programming and documentation supplied by KPN to the customer belongs to KPN or a third party that authorized KPN to share the equipment, programming, data, reports, advices and documentation to the customer.
3. When using Geolocation, keep in mind legislation (both Dutch and European) regarding privacy and personal data of natural persons. (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens, Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming, General Data Protection Regulation).
4. The included numbers and figures are the result of intensive testing by KPN. As it is still a relatively new service, customers may experience a deviation of those numbers. The numbers provided cannot be used as an SLA (Service Level Agreement).