Create a simple IoT web application
Note that this sample IoT web application is for testing purposes only and not a secure solution for processing data
With this tutorial you will create a simple web application showing a map showing your tracked LoRa data. This runs an in-memory data store, so on restart the store will be reset and all recorded data will be lost. The application runs on Next.JS
As an optional step the IoT web application can be deployed to Azure Web App.
- 1.Get all the files needed for this tutorial at https://github.com/kpn-iot/c3y and save these in a local folder
- 2.Go to the folder 'c3y' and install:
npm run build
- 4.Start server in production mode:
- 5.(optional) Seed with dummy data:
Enable XHR Redirect in your webhook (tested in Firefox & Chrome, does NOT work in Safari):
- 1.Send a location message using the device simulator.
You should see the location update with the location you have sent via the device simulator.
- 1.Install azcli:
brew install azure-cli ((https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/install-azure-cli)
- 2.Log into Azure, where ??? is the tenant ID from Azure Active Directory:
az login --tenant ???
az webapp up --sku B1 --location westeurope(takes about 5 minutes)
- 4.After deployment the URL is logged
- 5.Modify the URL in the HTTPS destination created in Connect a HTTPS destination to the URL returned by Azure CLI:
- 6.Inspect logs:
az webapp log tail
[generated URL]in the browser to see the web app
Last modified 3mo ago