Comment on page
Everything about forwarding your IoT data to your desired destination
A Destination allows you to forward the data from your devices to another system. This could be a proprietary application or a cloud platform. When adding a Destination to KPN Things, we ask for the following information:
- Name - A descriptive name for your Destination.
- Description (optional) - Some more information about your Destination.
- Destination type - The type of Destination you are adding. KPN Things supports several.
Created Destinations have additional information:
- UUID - The technical identifier of your Destination.
- Destination status - The operational status of your Destination.
Currently five different Destination types are supported by KPN Things. Each Destination type has its own configuration attributes and specific working, explained on the corresponding More info page.
We currently support five types of destinations:
Mgmt - Whether KPN Things can manage objects in the connected Destination. Up - Whether KPN Things can send uplink data to the connected Destination. Down - Whether KPN things can send downlink data to the connected Destination.
The All Destinations page can be reached by clicking on All Destinations in the side menu of the Portal.
On this page you will find:
When adding a new Destination, you first have to select the type of Destination you want to add. Each Destination type has its own input form presenting you with all configuration options you have for the Destination.
Check out all available Destination types and click on More info to get more details about that Destination type. All configuration options are explained, as well as the detailed working of each Destination type.
After entering the correct values, click the Add button to add your Destination.
This page offers you with all detailed information about your Destination.
The elements on this page are:
- 1.The name of your Destination.
- 2.General information about your Destination.
- 3.Status information about your Destination:
- 1.The Destination status.
- 2.The Flows your Destination is linked to.
- 4.Button to deactivate your Destination. If your Destination is deactivated, this will be an activation button.
- 7.A button to delete your Destination. This will completely remove your Destination from KPN Things!
The Destination Specification tab shows you detailed information about your Destination (#1 in the screenshot below). Displayed information differs for different Destination types. The tab also offers you an Edit link to edit the configuration of your Destination (#2 in the screenshot below).
Secret values like passwords and access keys are never displayed in the Things Portal and are even not retrievable from our systems. This ensures complete security of these values.
The Flows tab offers you a list of all the Flows your Destination is linked to and the Project this Flow is in. You can click on a Flow to open it, or you can click on Unlink from this Flow to remove the Destination from that Flow. The option to link your Destination to another Flow from here will be added in the near future.
Do you want to whitelist our IP address in your application? This is our outgoing IP address:
KPN Things Outgoing IP address
Last modified 9mo ago