Everything about forwarding your IoT data to your desired destination
A Destination allows you to forward the data from your devices to another system. This could be a proprietary application or a cloud platform. When adding a Destination to KPN Things, we ask for the following information:
- Name - A descriptive name for your Destination.
- Description (optional) - Some more information about your Destination.
- Destination type - The type of Destination you are adding. KPN Things supports several.
Created Destinations have additional information:
- UUID - The technical identifier of your Destination.
- Destination status - The operational status of your Destination.
Currently five different Destination types are supported by KPN Things. Each Destination type has its own configuration attributes and specific working, explained on the corresponding More info page.
Send data from your Devices to an Azure Event Hubs in SenML format.
Let KPN Things manage your Devices and send telemetry data in your Azure IoT Hub.
Let KPN Things manage your Devices, send measurements and location updates to your Cumulocity environment.
Send data from your Devices to an HTTPS endpoint in SenML format with a method for origin verification.
Let KPN Things connect to your MQTT broker and publish data from your Device to the topics you want.
We currently support five types of destinations:
Mgmt - Whether KPN Things can manage objects in the connected Destination. Up - Whether KPN Things can send uplink data to the connected Destination. Down - Whether KPN things can send downlink data to the connected Destination.
The Destination is operational and will forward incoming data.
The Destination is (temporarily) deactivated and will not send data to the configured endpoint.
⚫ Not yet linked
Your Destination is not connected to a Flow, so no data will be exchanged with the configured endpoint.
The All Destinations page can be reached by clicking on All Destinations in the side menu of the Portal.
On this page you will find:
- 1.The number of Destinations you have.
- 2.A table with information about all your Destinations:
- 1.Their name.
- 3.In which Projects they are used.
- 4.To how many Flows they are linked.
- 3.A button to add a new Destination.
Clicking on a row in the Destinations table will link you to the Destination detail page for that Destination.
When adding a new Destination, you first have to select the type of Destination you want to add. Each Destination type has its own input form presenting you with all configuration options you have for the Destination.
Check out all available Destination types and click on More info to get more details about that Destination type. All configuration options are explained, as well as the detailed working of each Destination type.
After entering the correct values, click the Add button to add your Destination.
This page offers you with all detailed information about your Destination.
The elements on this page are:
- 1.The name of your Destination.
- 2.General information about your Destination.
- 3.Status information about your Destination:
- 1.The Destination status.
- 2.The Flows your Destination is linked to.
- 4.Button to deactivate your Destination. If your Destination is deactivated, this will be an activation button.
- 5.Destination Specification tab showing you detailed information about your Destination configuration.
- 7.A button to delete your Destination. This will completely remove your Destination from KPN Things!
The Destination Specification tab shows you detailed information about your Destination (#1 in the screenshot below). Displayed information differs for different Destination types. The tab also offers you an Edit link to edit the configuration of your Destination (#2 in the screenshot below).
Secret values like passwords and access keys are never displayed in the Things Portal and are even not retrievable from our systems. This ensures complete security of these values.
The Flows tab offers you a list of all the Flows your Destination is linked to and the Project this Flow is in. You can click on a Flow to open it, or you can click on Unlink from this Flow to remove the Destination from that Flow. The option to link your Destination to another Flow from here will be added in the near future.
Do you want to whitelist our IP address in your application? This is our outgoing IP address:
KPN Things Outgoing IP address
Last modified 2mo ago