But what if connectivity is not yet linked to a Device? For instance, you want to view all KPN Things SIM cards you have that are not yet put into a Device. For that and other overviews of your (unlinked) Connectivity we created the All Connectivity page.
This page gives you an overview of all Connectivity items you have.
The following elements can be found on this page:
- 1.The number of connectivity items you have.
- 2.An overview of your connectivity items, displaying the following information:
- 1.Type - Type of connectivity.
- 2.ICCID / DevEUI - Unique connectivity identifier.
- 3.Connection - Whether the connection is active or not.
- 4.Activated on - (only for M2M) When the connectivity was first activated.
- 5.Device - The Device name of the Device the connectivity item is linked to.
- 6.Bundle/Rate plan - (only for M2M) The set of applied rules for your SIM card, i.e. whether you may roam and how much data you can use.
- 7.APN - (only for M2M) the APN(s) your SIM card may connect with.
- 3.A search bar to search in Type, Identifier and Connection.
It is not yet possible to order more SIMs through the Things Portal. If you want to add more SIM cards to your account, please contact us:
The Connectivity detail page gives you insight into Connectivity items. It depends on the Connectivity type what information can be given exactly.
On the Connectivity detail page of an unlinked Things M2M Connectivity item - a SIM card - you can see the following:
- 1.Information of the SIM card:
- The ICCID of the SIM card.
- The MSISDN of the SIM card.
- The connectivity status - Active or Deactivated.
- The moment the SIM card has been activated for the last time.
- The rate plan of the SIM card.
After clicking Link Device on the Connectivity detail page, you will be given a list of Device that do not have a SIM card linked to it.
On this page you can search for the Device you are looking for using the search bar (#1 in the screenshot above). By clicking Link in the row of the desired Device (#2 in the screenshot above), you will link the SIM card to that Device.
Next, if the selected Device does not have M2M device information yet, you will be prompted to enter the IMEI and shared secret for the Device (#1 in the screenshot). If you want, you can let the Portal generate a new shared secret for your Device with the Generate button (#2 in the screenshot). After entering the values, click Save to continue (#3 in the screenshot). Learn more about M2M device information.